AOPA Oct 2018 article - Vince Lalomia

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Kyle Wolfe

AOPA Oct 2018 article - Vince Lalomia

Post by Kyle Wolfe »

Nice article on Vince Lalomia’s and his wife Karen Keltner’s 170B in the October issue of AOPA pilot.

Nice plug too for the Assn.
Kyle
54 B N1932C
57 BMW Isetta
Best original 170B - Dearborn, MI 2005
rickyricky2

Re: AOPA Oct 2018 article - Vince Lalomia

Post by rickyricky2 »

I met Vince in 2014 at the AOPA fly in at Plymouth MA. I had not flown for 30 years, my father had passed away and I had some money to get back into flying.
I went to the rusty pilots seminar and I volunteered to park aircraft during the fly in Sunday. In the afternoon they asked me to block the aircraft out of the camping area. That is when I saw a beautiful C-170. When the owner showed up to fly home, I took a break and went over to talk to him. I told him that his 170 looked great and would be a great airplane to get back into flying with. Vince introduced himself to me and then took time to show me all around his plane.
Several months went by and I thought I would like to own one myself. I bought one in September of 2014 from Twitchel ME.
Thats when I wanted to get in touch with Vince and thank him for taking the time to show me his plane. One day I accidentally found a notebook in an old pocket and I had written down a couple N numbers from the fly in.
Well I tracked him down and thanked him and told him I had also bought a 170.
Vince thanks again for delaying your flight back to NY. I love my 170.

Dick Bryant
N2704C