Need help researching a 170A

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

hercrat

Need help researching a 170A

Post by hercrat »

I am presently assisting an individual whose father owned a Cessna 170A here in Canada. This person would like to know what ever became of it and perhaps he might even repurchase the aircraft if it is found to still exist.
The Canadian registration was CF-EMQ in the 50's and 60's. It's serial number was 19146.
A search of the current and historical records of the FAA and Canadian registry sites has yielded nothing nor has any accident database online.
Therefore, I am throwing this out to the membership to help me locate this aircraft!

Thanks in advance!

Tony Jarvis
GAHorn

Re: Need help researching a 170A

Post by GAHorn »

A search of our Assoc'n Directory does not indicate ownership of that serial number aircraft. (If it did, we could not reveal it's owner information to you, we could however provide him/her YOUR contact info.) But... sorry, does not appear to be in our membership directory.

A search by serial number of the expired and de-registered U.S. list also fails to find that serial number, and the current listing only shows a Piper and a Boeing with that serial.
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
c170b53

Post by c170b53 »

Tony did you contact the Canadian Archives directly? As you probably know anything older than 1982 and inactive will not show on the registry search.
Jim McIntosh..
1953 C170B S/N 25656
02 K1200RS
ghostflyer

Post by ghostflyer »

Cessna 170,s are all over the world , try New Zealand , England, Europe , and I have seen 3 or 4 in Thailand a number of years ago , I will look on the Australian register for you but I do not think it is here as it’s very close to the serial number of my aircraft. [19006]