totaled my 1954 170b

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Dpetert

totaled my 1954 170b

Post by Dpetert »

Bad week for the plane
Have a few items that I thought I might sell
Was wondering how to advertise in the flyer ( If that is possible)
Thanks Dominick
Bruce Fenstermacher

Re: totaled my 1954 170b

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

You can post here at the TradeMart and you can email Jan @ headquarters@cessna170.org with anything you'd like to posting the Flypaper. Not these are two separate submissions.

Sorry for your loss. I've been there.
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
c170b53

Post by c170b53 »

Dominick...go slow here. Hopefully no one got hurt. Been almost there, eventually got my wits about me and fixed it again.
Super Del has been spreading pixie dust on planes for some time, proof is in Miles plane which looked like a total too until Del went to work. Keep everything until all options such as that are thought through if possible.
I'm going to tell you not to be too tough on yourself, even though it's advice when used on me, failed. Realize it's just a process to relive the events over and over until it becomes tiresome. You'll get tired of hating yourself too.
Good luck buddy, hope flying is still a priority in your life.
Jim McIntosh..
1953 C170B S/N 25656
02 K1200RS
Dpetert

Post by Dpetert »

Thx for all the kind words
Aircraft accident report should be on Ntsb web site within next month or two
rydfly

Post by rydfly »

I can also attest first-hand as to the great work and attention to detail that Del and his crew provide to this community!

An incident last summer taught me a very important lesson about making sure that your insured hull value is accurate. Depending upon how "attached" you are to your aircraft personally, it may be worth revisiting to many who've carried the same value for years without consideration that if repairs get near the 70% hull value ballpark you could be in danger of losing your plane as a total loss vs. getting it repaired and returned to pre-accident (or better) condition.
1953 C170B - N170RP S/N 25865