New Member Got Help w/ Web Errors- Thank you

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

TerriM

New Member Got Help w/ Web Errors- Thank you

Post by TerriM »

I'm reaching out to members as I'm not having any luck reaching your webmaster. I paid for a membership and was later sent a membership number. I then emailed the webmaster with my user name and member number I was provided. Apparently this is to activate my membership. It's about 4 days later and I've not received a response. I sent another message to your Webmaster and the email was returned to me saying server failure. I then used the link on your site to contact the Webmaster and it failed too.

For your webmaster, I received this automated message:

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

cessna170hq@gmail.com
(ultimately generated from webmaster@cessna170.org)
host gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com

Do any of you guys/gals know how to get me help? I'm Terri Minter member number 10110.

Any help is appreciated. Terri
Last edited by TerriM on Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Terri M
541-639-9045
seattlelights@gmail.com
ghostflyer

Re: New Member Needs Help_Webmaster Not Responding

Post by ghostflyer »

Firstly, welcome to the organisation. No I am not the web master just a lowly member that has a soft spot for 170,s. The organisation is normally very quick off on the mark with new members so something could be happening . They are all probably out flying and not near their computers .
I have been a member for a number of years but due to the fact that I live in Australia ,I can't get to the fly ins and went to my first convention in July. OMG what a riotous time . We are counting down the days to the next one in Cody , Wyoming.
You will get all sorts of advise on your aircraft and how to maintain it. Some good and some , well it's a debatable point here. So just hang in there and Bruce or George will be in touch .
NOw the big question . What colour is your aeroplane ? It's now well known that the red ones in the club are the most slowest with the green not that far behind .all the blue ones are so much faster . The blue ones also look better . :(
So give a paragraph or two about your aircraft and if you know the some of its history.
Regards The ghostflyer.

It also could be the weather hasn't been kind to some of the members and they are unable to respond to the forum at the moment .
Bruce Fenstermacher

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

Terri,

You have reached a webmaster. We are very sorry for your trouble. We are working through some issues Google sprung on us back in April. They changed what is considered spam and therefor what they will forward. Our webmaster email is forwarded to several people in order that one of these volunteers quickly sees the contact and takes appropriate action. The change by Google immediately stopped our internal admin messaging and we have been working around that with band aid solutions until a better solution can be found. We did not, until recently realize, that likely, most who also click the webmaster, will get the permanent failure and have no recourse. In this case because Google will not forward a message sent to the webmaster email address forwarded to cessna170hg address. And we don't know it cause we don't get a notice.

We need to come up with a fix to this best we can quickly and I'll be working on it.

Had you sent an email directly to the cessna170hg address it would go through but we can't rely on anyone knowing this.

Again, we are sorry for this failure.

I may be contacted any time directly at
Our headquarters can be reached any time for any reason at

You can also PM me through the forum.
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

ghostflyer wrote:...I live in Australia ... NOw the big question . What colour is your aeroplane ? It's now well known that the red ones in the club are the most slowest with the green not that far behind .all the blue ones are so much faster . The blue ones also look better . :(
Like many other things in the Land of Odds/Oz .... things are quite screwy down-under. Red planes are generously-polite to those blue ones registered down there and often allow them the position of flight-leader so they can't observe the looks-askance they receive. The BLUE airplanes down-under automatically receive increased surveillance from the airworthiness authorities. Like their planes, their owners are "SLOW" to realize the reason for their curse. :lol:

WELCOME to TIC170A!

George
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
c170b53

Post by c170b53 »

Welcome Terri, sorry for the rough start, hopefully you'll have smooth air going forward. We are all interested in you and your plane so if you have a chance, tell us more. The club is made up of people from all walks of life, who enjoy flying, aircraft and socializing. There's a few folks here that are hung-up on the color of their planes, safe to say I'm not one of them but a maroon color is quite speedy.
Again glad you're here let us know if the collective group can try to help you in any way.
Jim McIntosh..
1953 C170B S/N 25656
02 K1200RS
ghostflyer

Post by ghostflyer »

I am going to have to buy a BIGGER fishing rod. :lol:
170C

Post by 170C »

Welcome aboard Terri! As some others have already said, sorry you are having issues getting squared away with us. Hang in there. We will get things fixed. This is a great organization that you have joined. There's a wealth of knowledge in the membership and most are glad to share it with you. We are like a large family and this is most evident when we gather for our annual conventions, wherever they may be. We are always happy to see old friends and make new ones. I hope you will be able to join us at one of these gatherings soon. Like some have mentioned, we like to know about you and your plane. So feel free to tell us as much as you dare!!

Frank Stephenson
Murfreesboro, TN
OLE POKEY
170C
Director:
2012-2018
TerriM

Post by TerriM »

Thank you so much for all of your replies. I did get help and I'm now able to post photo and ads for excess parts in my hanger. A few of you asked me to tell a bit about myself and post a photo. Attached is a photo of my 170B. I've been updating the interior and the panel. It has turned out very nice. It has about everything a person would want on a 170B. I just purchased a home on an airstrip in Independence Oregon, which I am very excited about. I look forward to becoming a more competent pilot and making more flying friends. Terri PS... I'm having a heck of a time sizing photos on my mac. If there are any experts out there that are willing to coach someone completely ignorant on the topic, :roll: please give me a ring. I'd so appreciate it! I'v got some parts to post for sale....
Attachments
My First 170
My First 170
Terri M
541-639-9045
seattlelights@gmail.com
4583C

Post by 4583C »

Welcome to the club Terri. I use a Mac and I just email pics to myself and resize in Mail.
TerriM

Re: New Member Got Help w/ Web Errors... thank you!

Post by TerriM »

Thank you for the advice. That is a great idea.
Terri M
541-639-9045
seattlelights@gmail.com
cfzxo

Re: New Member Got Help w/ Web Errors- Thank you

Post by cfzxo »

Terri, I beleive that Bruce Fenstermacher is the Mac Man, Even though I have had mac's since the screen size was 4"x4" i still am a techno dummy :D Bill
TerriM

Post by TerriM »

Thank you Bill. Bruce sounds like a good resource. Thank you for the suggestion. I think I should take a class at the Apple store to learn more about photos and iCloud. Or... I'll ask a 5th grader! Terri
Terri M
541-639-9045
seattlelights@gmail.com
Bruce Fenstermacher

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

A fifth grader would look at you with a blank stare thinking what web site has not adapted to technology developed from before they were born. And they'd be right. The photo sizing and more annoying for me, photo rotation, have been an irritant to me for some time. (you know there is a proper way to hold your IPhone to take pictures and I always take my pictures upside down).

Emailing them to yourself at reduced size is an easy fix most can handle and most have the ability to accomplish. There are other methods. See here where I wrote several threads (with help from others) on how to post pictures from a PC a Mac your IPhone or IPad as well as other tips for forum use: http://www.cessna170.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=12
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com