1,000 s Balloons Eclipse Day Streaming video

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

MoonlightVFR

1,000 s Balloons Eclipse Day Streaming video

Post by MoonlightVFR »

Organized effort along path of totality

1,000s of balloons will be sent aloft w video cameras , up to 100.000 ft aloft. Streaming.

FAA/ Students. This has to be expensive. Who is paying?

I know OUTLAW AIRPORT in Clarksville TN will be having a party - Eclipse glasses provided.

So much is unknown a to the public's reactions. Could strange things be about to occur?
gradyb, '54 B N2890C
170C

Re: 1,000 s Balloons Eclipse Day Streaming video

Post by 170C »

There is a lot of hype regarding the eclispse here in Middle Tennessee. Vrs airports holding special activities, etc. I have heard, but not confirmed, that Gallatin (M33) will close its runway for a period of time due to the expected number of aircraft anticipated to be there. Quite a bit of warnings to motorist not to be stopping along the interstate and other major highways to watch it. :roll: Some of us who are looking for an excuse to go fly are going to Springfield, TN (M91) where they required reservations to be able to land and have BBQ and other activities. (Probably catch some flack for saying it, but seems like much ado about nothing) Remember Y2K? I think the viewing glasses business has been pretty brisk all across the country.
OLE POKEY
170C
Director:
2012-2018
bsdunek

Re: 1,000 s Balloons Eclipse Day Streaming video

Post by bsdunek »

MoonlightVFR wrote:Organized effort along path of totality

1,000s of balloons will be sent aloft w video cameras , up to 100.000 ft aloft. Streaming.

FAA/ Students. This has to be expensive. Who is paying?

I know OUTLAW AIRPORT in Clarksville TN will be having a party - Eclipse glasses provided.

So much is unknown a to the public's reactions. Could strange things be about to occur?
I do believe "Strange People" will occur!
Bruce
1950 170A N5559C