170B Pannel upgrade

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Dsharris59

170B Pannel upgrade

Post by Dsharris59 »

Hi all, I'm new to this forum so this is probably old history. Has anyone updated their panel to a new glass dash. I am looking at different panel configurations and new ADSB transponders. What are your recommendations? I would like to keep some basic instruments but have new smart glass to match.
Thanks
swixtt

Re: 170B Pannel upgrade

Post by swixtt »

Welcome to the site... i have been collecting panel, interior shots for a couple of years now in hopes to do this 'upgrade' sometime. all i've done is add a FuelFlow which i think is one of the best updates i've done and i've done quite of few to mine.
anyway, most of the pics i've collected are from random sites over the web but i haven't run into many on here. i'll be watching this thread too as others with more 'air time' weigh in.

cheers
Bruce Fenstermacher

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

Hi DS,

There have been panel changes done over the years from complete new panels to significant changes and many with just a few, with results posted throughout the forum. I did not call it an upgrade cause many, but not all, don't see these changes as an upgrade to a classic airplane. There is wide difference between a total glass upgrade and fitting a Garmin suite tastefully into the classic panel.

There is a big difference between the '52 and earlier panel and '53 and later. Which 170 do you have?
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
JohnNielsen

Post by JohnNielsen »

I love my new panel. Also had the wheels leather wrapped after this pic.
John
Attachments
DSCN9954.JPG