Loss of a TX Aviator

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

canav8

Loss of a TX Aviator

Post by canav8 »

Did we lose a TX aviator and their family this weekend in FL?
http://www.news4jax.com/news/florida/fo ... lane-crash
52' C-170B N2713D Ser #25255
Doug
bagarre

Re: Loss of a TX Aviator

Post by bagarre »

https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/wiki.php?id=194858

N4244V

Registered to ENDERS NATHAN J
canav8

Post by canav8 »

Thanks David.
52' C-170B N2713D Ser #25255
Doug
KS170A

Post by KS170A »

RIP, fellow 170 family. Very disheartening to see.
Last edited by KS170A on Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--Josh
1950 170A
Ryan Smith

Post by Ryan Smith »

The cause of the accident is particularly troubling. There is nothing posted.

170 accidents are rarely fatal. Other than CFIT/flight into IMC, the only things that seem to kill folks in these airplanes are mid-airs and spins...mostly the latter two. The vast majority of NTSB reports on these airplanes are ground incidents/accidents.

Prayers to the family.
N3407D

Post by N3407D »

Nate and his wife Laura were active members of our aviation community here in Williamson,Ga. He was an instructor and a glider pilot. I am beyond baffled by this accident. With the loss of Ron Alexander in November and now this I know I speak for many when I say we are truly heartbroken.
Todd
1955 170B s/n 26950
Griffin,Ga
flyguy

Post by flyguy »

First - Thanks Aryana. I wasn't sure whether to make it a "front page post" as there was little current data available. There are still some questions unanswered. Apparently the N number wasn't released but started with N42- - - and someone on the Facebook 170 page knew the pilot and his family. This poster stated that the pilot was employed by ATC in Atlanta. I couldn't find out whether they were members of our C170 A ssociation oor not. But regardless they were part of our aviation family.

We know that each accident that claims the life or lives of our fellow aviators hurts deeply and leaves a huge hole in our hearts. RIP isn't nearly enough of a response but sometimes it's all we have.
OLE GAR SEZ - 4 Boats, 4 Planes, 4 houses. I've got to quit collecting!
VernH

Post by VernH »

Yet another very sad report. I can't imagine what could have happened that would be this catastrophic. Thats why we have investigators I guess. It does point out the fact that the ELT's on 121.5 are less effective than they once would have been OR this particular one had an issue.
Fly safe!

Vern
1950 C-170A N5453C sn 19487
Based in Pensacola, FL. 82J
MoonlightVFR

Post by MoonlightVFR »

I saw an on line picture of the happy family in their 1948 C 170B. Mom and Dad in front, two young sons in rear seat
smiling for the picture.

Grieving process will going on for a long, long time.
gradyb, '54 B N2890C
juredd1

Post by juredd1 »

I haven't see the picture of this happy family but have seen the picture of mine. With two kids at the same age and the parents not far off this terrible loss rings home quite loudly. I can only imagine what the remaining child is dealing with. I lost one mother and got to keep her for 42 years of my life, that seemed more than I could handle at the time but to quadruple that. What a load to bear for this child. In a way you can only hope the child is to young to understand.

If I think on it very long I begin to question myself. Am I a good enough pilot to be risking my families life's, is the plane as sound as it looks. I don't think about it much really we just get in and have fun but when something like this happens....for me anyway I begin to circle back around.

If you believe in something greater than yourself I am sure this child and whatever family is left could use your prayers of support for the now and what lies ahead.
My playground....
35°58’52.01” N 93°06’27.51” W
'54 170B White and Green with a hint of Red
Bruce Fenstermacher

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

I have seen the picture several times. I do not care to see it again. It is a very painful reminder of tragic events that can take place in airplanes but other places as well. In your car for example and quite frankly for likely. When I stop driving my car with my family in it I may consider not flying any more either.

Be careful. Don't get complacent.

Live life knowing all the joys it can bring whether that is driving a car, motorcycle or airplane and many many more activities. Understand the risk vs reward.
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com