Sad news

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Hawkeyenfo

Re: Sad news

Post by Hawkeyenfo »

Jim,

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my wife Jan 25, last year. It's not easy, at all. Time will help. I'm TAD to Bremerton for the next 2 weeks, if you'd like to get together to talk with someone outside of your circle, let me know. This weekend would work, just PM your email or number to me.

Chris
Fly Navy !!!!

1941 Boeing PT-13D Stearman
1952 Cessna 170B
1960 Piper Aztec (PA23-250)
Metal Master

Post by Metal Master »

Hawkeyenfo wrote:Jim,

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my wife Jan 25, last year. It's not easy, at all. Time will help. I'm TAD to Bremerton for the next 2 weeks, if you'd like to get together to talk with someone outside of your circle, let me know. This weekend would work, just PM your email or number to me.

Chris
Thanks for the offer, I am just to busy dealing with issues here at home and have very little time. I am not familiar with Navy Acronyms TAD. I had to look it up (TEMPORARY ADDITIONAL DUTY). I am retired Army. We would have been TDY (Temporary Duty)
Jim
A&P, IA, New owner C170A N1208D, Have rebuilt some 50 aircraft. So many airplanes, So little time!
canav8

Post by canav8 »

Jim , My condolences go out to you. Having lost my father two years ago now, I know the loss of time. I am still dealing with it and it is hard. My aviation activity has been tapered off as well. I used to be at the airport every day. One thing, I learned is that my airplane was still there and it was waiting for me. Please look at the 170 Association and your 170 as a friend. It will always be here so if you have to take the time away, it all understands. When you come back nothing will have changed. Please use these resources to bring happiness back into your life. It is not a replacement but maybe a patch on the broken heart. Try to associate the good things that your aviation experience had on your relationship with your wife. I am sure that your wife would want you to be happy and do the things that make you happy. I am pretty sure that being around airplanes is a big part of your life and she would want you not to change now. She will always be watching you fly from above and not below. Doug
52' C-170B N2713D Ser #25255
Doug
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

That's what you're doing now in this world, Jim... TDY.
Dive into a project which she'd appreciate. It'll be good for both of you.
Sincere Sympathies...
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
170C

Post by 170C »

Jim, really sorry for your loss. Know that our thoughts are with you at this sad time.
OLE POKEY
170C
Director:
2012-2018
Metal Master

Post by Metal Master »

Thanks Guy's,
I did not cry yesterday. Your posts brought a tear of joy to my eye's today. I know I will return to flying in time and may even do more now that I have more time on my hands. I start back to work tomorrow.
Jim
A&P, IA, New owner C170A N1208D, Have rebuilt some 50 aircraft. So many airplanes, So little time!
c170b53

Post by c170b53 »

Jim, Boeing field would be King county? Renton would be Boeings 737 production line. Will the Max be made in Renton ?
Jim McIntosh..
1953 C170B S/N 25656
02 K1200RS
Metal Master

Post by Metal Master »

c170b53 wrote:Jim, Boeing field would be King county? Renton would be Boeing's 737 production line. Will the Max be made in Renton ?
Boeing Field in Seattle is KBFI Boeing Field International. It is in the Seatlle city limits partially, however is operated by the county. Also referred to as King County airport. Renton is KRNT Renton Municipal Airport. Sometimes also called incorrectly Boeing Field. Yes the Max is being built in Renton. We have 4 on the Boeing test flight line now. 737 deliveries are accomplished here at KBFI. 737s of all varieties are first flown from Renton and their first landing after a "B1" flight is generally at Boeing Field International. P8 Poseidons are flown to the MIC in Seattle KBFI and then pulled across East Marginal Way (Highway 99) to a completion center where equipment is installed.
Jim
Metal Master

Post by Metal Master »

Aryana wrote:Jim, how are you doing with your first day back at work? (So soon IMO...)
I Keep thinking I should call Phyllis. My mangers mother passed away last week and he is still out. It has been a slow day. 40 minutes left and I can not wait to get out of here. But I need to keep a pay check coming in for the immediate future. It think it will help to have a one day work week this week.
W.J.Langholz

Post by W.J.Langholz »

Prayers your way

W.
ImageMay there always be and Angel flying with you.
Loyalty above all else except honor.
1942 Stearman 450
1946 Super Champ 7AC
dunlaps3

Post by dunlaps3 »

Jim , we have never met , but I understand your pain. I will pray for you. I lost my dad a few years ago , he was my flying mentor. We shared stories and flew acro together.
His death was an unexpected heart failure and shocked me to lose him so fast. My flying for fun went away. But then I realized that we All will die , the only one hurt is the one left behind. My dad would want me to continue to have fun. He had a great life for 82 years! I share my flying Joy with my son and any other young person to come along. Jesus is always with us ! You are never alone.Take care , Your 170 friend , Andrew