Got my field approval for 8.50X6 tires!!!!

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

learaviator

Got my field approval for 8.50X6 tires!!!!

Post by learaviator »

After two years of screwing with the FAA trying to get a field approval on my 8.50X6 tires, I submitted my information to a DAR in Arkansas named Kenny Blalock. After looking at copies from other 170's, of two previous 337's for those tires with field approvals on them, plus mine that had all of the ICA on the back, he changed a couple of things on my ICA on the back, stamped and signed block three , and sent it out He is one of the very small group of DAR's that have function code 51 which is authorization for field approvals. He is a very smart man very knowledgeable and very easy to talk to. So there is a source for field approvals he will probably be a very very good connection for anything else someone would like to have done. The fee was $350. So if I look back at all of the headache and misery I went through 350 is relatively cheap. (501) 327-4339 is his telephone number, his name again is Kenny Blalock. If you Google him he has a small webpage set up. Ian submitting it to the association so I can be made accessible.
"You can only tie the record for flying low"
1950 170A N9907A 180hp. STOL