Wanted: Bartone Exhaust Extensions (merged topic)

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: gahorn, Bruce Fenstermacher

Wanted: Bartone Exhaust Extensions (merged topic)

Postby n2582d » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:27 pm

Pat Bartone has had a problem with a supplier being ill and not being able to complete his order. He suggested I reach out to the 170 community to see if there are a set of stacks which someone has elected not to install. I’m looking for the style that has the downward curve at the end. Text or call 209-626-9626 or email gdfrsn(at)gmail(dot)com or PM here.
Gary
n2582d

Bartone Exhaust (Moved from TradeMart)

Postby Mapleflt » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:54 am

Are they still available to purchase ?

Mapleflt
Mapleflt

Re: Bartone Exhaust (merged topic)

Postby n2582d » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:42 am

Pat is looking for someone else who will make them at a reasonable price. He said the problem is finding someone that is willing to fabricate small batches. Most want to do several hundred at a time.
Gary
n2582d

Re: Bartone Exhaust (Moved from TradeMart)

Postby cessna170bdriver » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:21 pm

Mapleflt wrote:Are they still available to purchase ?

Mapleflt

Call Pat Bartone directly; he’s in the directory. They were available as late as last year when I bought replacements for my Benhams that were damaged/destroyed at Creve Coeur. However when they came they were shaped pretty much identically to my Benhams, without the nice curve at the end.
Miles
cessna170bdriver

Postby gahorn » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:32 pm

cessna170bdriver wrote:
Mapleflt wrote:Are they still available to purchase ?

Mapleflt

Call Pat Bartone directly; he’s in the directory. They were available as late as last year when I bought replacements for my Benhams that were damaged/destroyed at Creve Coeur. However when they came they were shaped pretty much identically to my Benhams, without the nice curve at the end.

I had already called before you posted, Miles, left a message, and am awaiting a return call. I'm pretty sure my local shop will make them on an "as ordered" basis pretty fair-priced, but I'm wondering if, 1- Pat will supply installation approval/STC paperwork because the last I heard he would not, and 2- if he will share his drawings so I can have them duplicated, which will be absolutely necessary. Otherwise, without the two items above, ...anyone, anywhere can make their own at the local muffler shop just as well and probably a lot cheaper.
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
gahorn

Re: Wanted: Bartone Exhaust Extensions

Postby TFA170 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:57 am

I'd be interested in any spare set as well, once n2582d gets first dibs on the first set, of course!
TFA170

Postby TFA170 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:59 am

gahorn wrote:. Otherwise, without the two items above, ...anyone, anywhere can make their own at the local muffler shop just as well and probably a lot cheaper.

I've thought of doing this anyway as I heard there was no STC offered any longer...but I have NOT talked to Mr. Bartone myself, so it is rumor. I won't bug him if you already have contacted - I'll wait to hear what you share.
TFA170

Postby cessna170bdriver » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:34 am

gahorn wrote:...
I had already called before you posted, Miles, left a message, and am awaiting a return call. I'm pretty sure my local shop will make them on an "as ordered" basis pretty fair-priced, but I'm wondering if, 1- Pat will supply installation approval/STC paperwork because the last I heard he would not, and 2- if he will share his drawings so I can have them duplicated, which will be absolutely necessary. Otherwise, without the two items above, ...anyone, anywhere can make their own at the local muffler shop just as well and probably a lot cheaper.

I originally used Benham exhaust instead of Bartones because they were STC’d and Bartones weren’t. I think Pat may have acquired John Benham’s STC, which might help explain why the set of pipes I got from him looked just like the ones I got from John in 2006.
Miles
cessna170bdriver

Postby gahorn » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:55 pm

cessna170bdriver wrote:

I originally used Benham exhaust instead of Bartones because they were STC’d and Bartones weren’t. I think Pat may have acquired John Benham’s STC, which might help explain why the set of pipes I got from him looked just like the ones I got from John in 2006.

DId it include STC paperwork? (Yes, I also understand that Pat bought out John's spares.)
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
gahorn

Postby cessna170bdriver » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:48 am

gahorn wrote:
cessna170bdriver wrote:

DId it include STC paperwork? (Yes, I also understand that Pat bought out John's spares.)

Yes, STC# SA8645SW
Miles
cessna170bdriver

Re: Wanted: Bartone Exhaust Extensions (merged topic)

Postby Poncho73 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:54 pm

I would be interested in a set as well.....
Poncho73

Return to The Hangar