Door Latch Spring

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Joe Moilanen

Re: Door Latch Spring

Post by Joe Moilanen »

gahorn wrote:Check out THIS solution submitted to me by one of our members who should speak up and take credit (these springs are available at any good hardware store): CLICK ON PIC TO ENLARGE
Latch-1.jpg
Latch-2.jpg
Latch-3.jpg
OK George, I'll take the credit. After taking mine apart a few years ago to replace the spring, this looked like the sensible thing to do. I got the springs at ACE Hardware. I forgot what the numbers were but they have several to choose from.

Joe
4518C
mongo2

Post by mongo2 »

I saw those pics on the earlier post , but they do not show where the mousetrap spring is located. I could see the other 2 springs
for the catch. An underside view,(back of the handle) would be what I am looking for, or maybe just a word description.\

thanks guys
Rick Champagne
C-170A N5475C
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

No need for the mousetrap spring if this solution is used. (It replaces the mousetrap spring.)

The location of the mousetrap spring (see item 43 in the following illustration), and a discussion regarding how to locate/purchase said springs:
http://www.cessna170.org/forums/viewtop ... rap#p60356
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
mit

Post by mit »

Old thread but...........

I just broke one any news on real ones availability? I used the hardware store flavor.
Tim