BAS Tail Pull Handles -missing documents

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

MoonlightVFR

BAS Tail Pull Handles -missing documents

Post by MoonlightVFR »

I had the BAS Tail Pull Handles after observing a field installation at Petit Jean fly in 2010.

Love the handles, if you own a C170 why do you not have them installed?

My current dilemma is I cannot locate any paper work involving my installation. The A P IA who did a very good job of the install did NOT remain in the business.

I don't know if STC paper work was even filed.

What are the steps needed to correct the paper trail?

I have a new and reputable AP / IA.
gradyb, '54 B N2890C
IA DPE

Re: BAS Tail Pull Handles -missing documents

Post by IA DPE »

You can order your airplane’s file from the FAA which contains all the 337s which were submitted. George has pointed out that long ago not all 337s were required to be sent from local offices to FAA in OKC. My file came on a CD which I loaded onto my computer as well as iPad which is always with me in the airplane.

Since you did the handles in more recent times the paperwork should have been forwarded.
1955 C170B N2993D s/n 26936
1986 DG-400 N9966C
n2582d

Post by n2582d »

If the FAA doesn't show the STC paperwork ever being filed you'll need to contact BAS. Give them you're registration and serial number and they'll send you another copy of the STC.
Gary
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

n2582d wrote:If the FAA doesn't show the STC paperwork ever being filed you'll need to contact BAS. Give them you're registration and serial number and they'll send you another copy of the STC.
In addition, sometimes paperwork is listed under a different registration number (because reg. nos. occasionally change) but the serial number should be sufficient. BAS is very good about supplying fresh paperwork reflecting the new registration number if yours has changed and you can provide the serial number.
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)