W & B

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Mapleflt

W & B

Post by Mapleflt »

To all,

I am currently making use of the weight & balance feature within the Fltplan app however it doesn't seem to allow a means to "modify" for the the extended baggage area. I of course have all the required data but now looking for a suitable means to "load plan" for a flight. Has anyone within the 170 association found or can suggest a "manipulable" program for "day of" flights.

Kind Regards to All,

Mapleflt
IA DPE

Re: W & B

Post by IA DPE »

I created a Numbers Spreadsheet (Mac). It was easy to make and I just input weights in each seat or cargo, and gallons of fuel and oil, and it calculates Weight and CG.
1955 C170B N2993D s/n 26936
1986 DG-400 N9966C
Kevin Pearce

Post by Kevin Pearce »

Following on from IA DPE’s suggestion, if you use an iphone you can download a free spreadsheet app such as Calc XLS and create a simple spreadsheet that you can input your variables to get your CofG and weight.
Bruce Fenstermacher

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

Years ago I created Excel sheets that are posted here viewtopic.php?f=26&t=10379 that could be adjusted for the arm of your extended baggage. They can be run with Documents to Go or Numbers on the Apple products. I'm not an Android guy to suggest anything on that platform.
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com