Door hinges

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

marathonrunner

Door hinges

Post by marathonrunner »

I have a request from a friend at McFarlane engineering. They want to make aftermarket door hinges. My serial number is 26669 so doesn’t apply. See below for what he is looking for

What I’m needing in particular is a 170B with a serial number of 26996 or later, and I need to see photos of the cabin door hinges on both the left and right sides.
The Cessna parts catalog indicates that the right side door started using different hinges at SN 26996. However, there is no indication that the left side hinges were different – so I’m needing to confirm or deny what they actually are. Even a stripped-out fuselage with no doors on it would tell me what I need to know (because of mounting hole locations and numbers), provided that I could verify the fuselage’s model and serial number.

Anyone have a plane with that serial number or higher that might have pictures? Thanks
It's not done till it's overdone
GAHorn

Re: Door hinges

Post by GAHorn »

He must be "shopping around" for more than one source. http://cessna170.org/forums/viewtopic.p ... lit=hinges
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
marathonrunner

Post by marathonrunner »

Are they shown in the 170 IPC? I am out of state and don’t have ready access to my manuals. Also convalescing after a bad accident. They are attempting to PMA parts do we have a source? If anyone has gotten a PMA you understand what a time consuming and cumbersome process it is with little financial benefit. Just trying to help so we have parts down thevroad
It's not done till it's overdone
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

He wanted pics and any spares when he contacted me and I supplied him the pics and the rest he'll have to get from salvage or Cessna.
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
Bruce Fenstermacher

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

Here is a thread we had a few weeks ago when George asked for basically the same.

http://www.cessna170.org/forums/viewtop ... ilit=26996

You should know, and as I point out, All the door hinges, right and left, changed at 26996 even though the IPC is missing some of that information.
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
c170b53

Post by c170b53 »

And I thought all of you guys did fine work on that job.
Jim McIntosh..
1953 C170B S/N 25656
02 K1200RS