Safe Flight Lift Detector....

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Poncho73

Safe Flight Lift Detector....

Post by Poncho73 »

In getting ready for recovering I removed my Safe Flight Lift Detector model 164 from my 48 as it is not original equipment and not required....Aircraft Spruce has it at 3K...I was going to just throw it in my tool box and forget it, then I wondered what a new one is worth....but really? liability cost?

SAFE FLIGHT PRE-STALL WARNER From $2540.00 to $3014.00

Lift Detector 164 164 $3014.00

Horn and Light R (12V) 10-22712 $2540.00

Horn and Light S (24V) 10-22724 $2612.00
Bruce Fenstermacher

Re: Safe Flight Lift Detector....

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

And know you know what some people know but many others do not, these parts areverey very expensive. Stupid expensive really. And now you won't just through it in you tool box. But hopefully you won't gouge a poor guy who needs this. The shoe could be on the other foot.
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
Poncho73

Re: Safe Flight Lift Detector....

Post by Poncho73 »

Bruce Fenstermacher wrote:And know you know what some people know but many others do not, these parts areverey very expensive. Stupid expensive really. And now you won't just through it in you tool box. But hopefully you won't gouge a poor guy who needs this. The shoe could be on the other foot.

Thanks and no it's not for sale. It is one of those things you keep just in case you need one because you never know and I could not afford to replace one. FYI. 35 years ago I collected a few fuel selectors too. I've rebuild a few for some buddies....just glad to have a source of parts.