Electronic tacho

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

ghostflyer

Electronic tacho

Post by ghostflyer »

My question is , I have a electronic tach to fit which is made by Electronic Instruments and they have given me a heap of isolators to fit between the instrument and the P leads. In their instructions they only talk about fitting the isolators to Bendix Mags. However I run Slick mags, so my question are they required for slick mags too. Yes , I could go and fit the isolators and see what happens but due to tight area this wiring will be going through and hands above my head up behind the instrument panel etc , etc, I thought I would ask our very learnered friends and save some time . I have just replaced my mechanical tach ,s cable again due to a very tight turn under the battery box . So a investment [another STC] in a electronic tach will fix my issue.
GAHorn

Re: Electronic tacho

Post by GAHorn »

I suspect the answer is "yes"...but you can get the best answer to your question directly from their technical support division at: Support@Buy-ei.com
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)