Boroscope Ascendancy.. Webinar..New REq's for Engines

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

nippaero

Re: Boroscope Ascendancy.. Webinar..New REq's for Engines

Post by nippaero »

Bruce Fenstermacher wrote:George what are you talking about. You can go the Continental Motors site and sign up for a login for FREE.
Thats what I had to do for my serial number. The lady on the phone was really nice. Now I can access the docs and get email updates.

Also, ATS had them on sale during Oshkosk for $170. Not sure when the sale ends.
http://www.aircraft-tool.com/shop/detai ... _ID=VA-400
1952 170B
N8180A s/n 25032
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

I don't know when the last time you logged in.... but as of last week... you only get a "login error" and if you call customer support...they send you to ATP who charges $330 for the ovhl manual. :evil:

The old "Aviators Services" is no longer.
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
gfeher

Post by gfeher »

Then try the Tech Support number. Maybe your experience is a new thing with Continental. But I called them about three weeks ago (I think it was the Tech Support number at the Atlanta facility) to get copies of a couple of manuals I couldn't download (got a login error message), and the guy (cearly a seasoned tech rep) emailed them to me right away. He did express his exasperation with the login/download issues. He never asked me for any login info, just chatted with me for a few and asked me for my email address and which manuals I wanted.
Gene Feher
Argyle (1C3), NY
'52 170B N2315D s/n 20467 C-145-2
Experimental J3 Cub Copy N7GW O-200
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

Please UP-load to the MX Library any current manuals you might have received.... as all the contact folks at Continental have been slow to be educated by their employer.. but as of yesterday, 8/7/2017....Customer service states... NO FREE MANUALS anymore. One must open an account at ATP.

So, again..if you have a "free" manual you've rec'd from them.... pass it on! Email to either myself or Bruce so we can post it in the MX Library. Thank you.

gahorn146ys (at) Hotmail .com
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
gfeher

Post by gfeher »

That's a shame. When I was shooting the breeze with the tech support guy about three weeks ago, he said that they had been told for about a year that the login issues would be corrected. Looks like the company went in a different direction. I have the C-145/O-300 operation and overhaul manuals, and the parts list/catalog, as of when I downloaded them about three weeks ago. Also the M-O, Change 4, which you already have. I'm out of town for a couple of days. I can email them to you, George, and Bruce as soon as I return, in a day or two, as i need to do that from my real computer (not the IPad I'm using now). But I think they all have Aug 2011 dates. I was downloading them for another mechanic on my field.

I also have copies of the A-65, C-75, C-85, C-90 and O-200 operation and overhaul manuals, and parts lists/catalogs, as of three weeks ago as well, if you or anyone else is interested in them. (We have a bunch of Cubs and Champs on my field.) I think all of those manuals also have Aug 2011 dates.
Gene Feher
Argyle (1C3), NY
'52 170B N2315D s/n 20467 C-145-2
Experimental J3 Cub Copy N7GW O-200
Bruce Fenstermacher

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

No need to email them to me. I have download all of them today.
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

I wasn't speaking of only the Continental manuals, Bruce. I think the Library would benefit for propeller, Lycoming, Franklin, and any other manuals in electronic form which may be legally stored in the library.