Cessna 170B wing replacement.

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

GAHorn

Re: Cessna 170B wing replacement.

Post by GAHorn »

bagarre wrote:
lowNslow wrote:George, that wasn't my question. My question is with the lack of any other reference, what do you use to verify part applicability?
Also, what is the approved source for assembling a Cessna 170 or a sub system?
The IPC isn't approved and has quite a few omissions and errors but what else is out there that is FAA Approved data for the 170?
The OEM (Cessna) as the owner of the Type Cert. will provide Drawings to support assembly and to confirm configuration. Those DWGs are expensive.
The fact they are expensive does not remove their support/authority as to meeting the Type Design. (It just leads many not to question what they have
"in their hands" and "in their hangar" when making repairs, usually by "reverse engineering" ...an approved method.)

But the final answer is: Go back to the OEM who owns and can supply approved data.

(Many times these days Cessna will not sell dwgs... they will only "lease" them for a defined period, the expiry of which demands their return. They are also (usually) copyrighted thereby preventing their duplication. Our Assoc'n owns...or at least has in our possession...many dwgs which predate that policy. You might find them in our "Mx Library" here in the Forums, if you're a Member.
I occasionally receive a dwg from Members, Shops, and "unknowns" and post them or otherwise make them available. (Some are simply too large to copy/post.)
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)