$100 Hamburger SOUTHWEST (NM,CO,AZ,UT,NV,CA)

A place to list good $100 Hamburger locations as well as discussion on any interesting place you can fly your 170.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Azpilot

Re: $100 Hamburger SOUTHWEST (NM,CO,AZ,UT,NV,CA)

Post by Azpilot »

Williams-Gateway or Phoenix Gateway.

Best burger I've ever had.

In and out in 15 minutes. Cost $10. Left food behind.
1952/1996 C170B Turbo. Why? Because, thats why.
CFI/CFII at KDYL
Robert Eilers

Post by Robert Eilers »

Lodi Airport Cafe (1O3) - nice little Cafe - short, narrow runway - parachute jumping at the airport aytime the weather is good - good food, good service within 30 minutes of the Bay Area.
"You have to learn how to fall before you learn how to fly"
learaviator

Post by learaviator »

Waldo's BBQ is now open at Desert Skies FBO in Lake Havasu City, Az. Excellent smoked meats, delicious sides, and excellent ribs. I have been eating at the one in Mesa, Az for nine years. Look at WWW.waldosbbq.com. Plus the FBO where it is located has about the cheapest fuel prices around, plus they will give Cessna 170 club members .20 cents off the listed price, so todays price would be $3.60 a gallon.
"You can only tie the record for flying low"
1950 170A N9907A 180hp. STOL
Blue4

Post by Blue4 »

I recommend the Kingman Airport Cafe in Kingman, AZ. The decor is airplane posters and prints. Basically my bedroom at 12 years old. The food isn't memorable either, but its good enough. I recommend it because of all the poor schleps who can't afford it work at the outfit just down the road. Buy a poor CFI lunch! ;)
ronaero

Post by ronaero »

Check out Waldo's at KHII (Lake Havasu) BBQ good food,great service. 928-764-3663 Cheap gas next door.......ron 8873
learaviator

Post by learaviator »

Wayside Inn, about 4.5 miles East of Alamo Lake, in Western Arizona. 2300 foot dirt strip, about 50 foot wide. running north/South, usually graded. A small low spot on the north end. A 200 foot walk to the restaurant/RV Park/Bar/Store. Excellent breakfast and burgers. Very friendly place. These are the lat/longs. 34'15'51.88N 113'29'08.98W. You can find it on Google Earth. Their number is 928-925-3456.
"You can only tie the record for flying low"
1950 170A N9907A 180hp. STOL
Bruce Fenstermacher

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

ronaero wrote:Check out Waldo's at KHII (Lake Havasu) BBQ good food,great service. 928-764-3663 Cheap gas next door.......ron 8873
I will second Waldo's. Had the pulled pork sandwich with friends at dinner a few weeks ago. If your there during the day I'd ask if Steve (learaviator) is hanging around and buy some cheap 100LL from him.
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

Centennial Airport (KAPA) has one of the very finest airport restaurants upstairs at Denver Jet Center.

The Downwind restaurant has INcredible food and views of the mountains, runway, and aprons and airplanes. But the FOOD. Wow!

Ceasar salad freshly prepared tableside, gourmet entres,... or daily speials...or a simple burger or breakfast.... this is the place to eat in a Denver area airport.
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
170C

Post by 170C »

Been there, done that! You are correct, its probably one of the better eateries with excellant viewing of planes & scenery around.
OLE POKEY
170C
Director:
2012-2018
rperry

Post by rperry »

Winslow AZ: La Posada Hotel (http://www.laposada.org/) is the last Santa Fe Railroad Hotel designed by Mary Colter and built in 1929. Hotel is restored and a great place to overnight if you're on a nostalgia trip. The Turquise Room restaurant (http://www.theturquoiseroom.net/) is wonderful! Winslow Airport was a stop on the Transcontinental Air Transport system surveyed by Charles Lindgergh. The FBO is in the original adobe TAT terminal building -- a great backdrop for photographing your C-170!

Dick
C-170B
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

rperry wrote:Winslow AZ: La Posada Hotel (http://www.laposada.org/) is the last Santa Fe Railroad Hotel designed by Mary Colter and built in 1929. Hotel is restored and a great place to overnight if you're on a nostalgia trip. The Turquise Room restaurant (http://www.theturquoiseroom.net/) is wonderful! Winslow Airport was a stop on the Transcontinental Air Transport system surveyed by Charles Lindgergh. The FBO is in the original adobe TAT terminal building -- a great backdrop for photographing your C-170!

Dick
C-170B
And one NEEDS something like that when trapped or broken down in Winslow. :lol:
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
C170U2

Post by C170U2 »

Beautiful place
Beautiful place
Watch out for kites!
Watch out for kites!
I'll add my Nor Cal Favorites:

Wings in Auburn. Been going there the past 6 years with my family. My personal favorite. Great restaurant, airport, people, and community.

Nancy's at Willows. Great cheap food.

The Golf Course at Oroville. Recently remodeled. Good food, bring the clubs and hit a bucket before you get on your way.

Sly Lounge at Sonoma. My wife really likes this place.

Cove Restaurant in Shelter Cove. Spend the night at the inn and enjoy some great food and wine at Cove Restaurant. They had some live music the night we were there. The lady who runs the Tides Inn next door will give you a weather report on your way in and refund your room if you cant fly in because of fog. Great place to spend the night. Only word of caution......beware of the hippies....the town is crawling with them :lol: