A place for consolidated forum rules, instructions, announcements and information.
Moderators: gahorn, Bruce Fenstermacher
This area is read-only. Only Administrators and Moderators can post here. Please use a private message to the Moderators for questions or comments.
In order to resize pictures on a PC running windows, here is how you do it (click each photo to make it larger/more legible):
1. Find the file and hover over it with your mouse. A box will pop up that shows the dimensions (in pixels) and the file size.
It needs to be 2000 x 2000 pixels or less, and smaller than 1MB or 1000KB. The file below is 3264 x 2448 pixels, so it needs to be resized down at or below the limit for posting on the board. The 753 KB is below the 1MB limit so it's good there.
2. Right click the file, "Open with", and then choose "Paint"
3. Once you have the file open in the Paint program, click "Resize" and then a box will pop up. Click the radio button to resize by pixels and notice that the horizontal and vertical figures now match what we saw when we initially viewed the file info
4. Change the horizontal value to 2000 pixels, and the vertical will automatically adjust since it will maintain the aspect ratio as it resizes the photo (the "maintain aspect ratio" box is checked by default). Click ok and it resizes the picture. All that's left to do is click the icon of the floppy along the top menu bar to save the file and that's it. The photo is resized and now you can post it up by selecting the file for upload on your post.
1955 Cessna 170B
- Posts: 3887
- Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 7:21 am
- Location: Half Moon Bay, CA (KHAF)
Return to Forum Rules, Instructions, Announcements and Information
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest